28 Jan 2013

Zines


A zine is "a small circulation self-published work of original texts and images". To make the book, I tore a sheet of thin A4 card into two pieces of A5. I then folded these two pieces in half and slot one inside the other to create a small book with 8 pages. For most of the drawings in my zine, I was inspired by something I like.


Page One
For my front cover, I drew an infinity symbol densely decorated with random shapes and patterns. I was inspired by a favourite quote of mine "and in that moment, I swear we were infinite" from the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower.


Page Two
On my second page, I drew a feather in a frame in an aztec style.


Page Three
On my third page, I covered the page in the words "the cake is a lie" with a small cake in the corner. This in reference to and inspired by the video game 'Portal' which is where the quote is from.


Page Four

The drawing on my fourth page is a computer with a smashed monitor with sunflowers growing out of it. The quote above and below the picture is a quote from Pixar director and idol of mine, John Lasseter.


Page Five
On my fifth page, I drew the door of the TARDIS from one of my favourite television shows, 'Doctor Who'.


Page Six
On my sixth page, I drew a bird flying free from a birdcage. This was inspired by the quote from Jane Eyre "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me."


Page Seven
On my seventh page, I drew an ocean scene. This is the only page in my zine that I am not satisfied with because I put the least thought into the content of the drawing.

Page Eight
On the last page of my zine, I drew an owl in a cute cartoon style.

No comments:

Post a Comment