8 Jan 2013

Cut 'n' Paste Poetry

Above is a screenshot of one of the sides of my poetry book in Photoshop, including 2 of my poems and 2 of my illustrations. I placed my poems similarly to how I placed them when I suck down the cu-out phrases onto paper to keep that handmade cut-out look. I also decided to keep the background white for the poems to keep it simple and minimal. For the illustrations, I took random words from the poems to use as inspiration, creating a random illustration with a handmade look. For the top illustration, I gave the man a drop shadow to make it look cut-out and add dimension.

Above is the other side of my book in Photoshop. It includes 2 poems, 2 illustrations (one is smaller and also the back cover) and the front cover. I did the same with my poems as I did on the previous side. For one of my illustrations on this side (the bigger one), I used a pattern overlay on the cloudy sky background to add detail. On some of the pictures I placed in the illustration, I added a more obvious white outline to make it look more cut-out. On my back cover illustration, I changed the opacity of the background lips to make the foreground lips stand out more. For my front cover, I used words and letters from my poems to make it. I used "like freshly fallen snow" and then made the word "words" out of random letters in my book to make the title "Words Like Freshly Fallen Snow".

Below is my poem book printed out.










No comments:

Post a Comment