9 Jan 2013

Mock Exam - Film Posters

Brainstorms:



Drafts:



Photos and Videos:

Up (2009)



500 Days of Summer (2009)


The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)


Making My Poster - Up


I began by creating a black shape of a hot air balloon to go behind my iconography and changed the opacity of it to make it lighter and more subtle.


I then started work on the balloons. I drew an oval shape and copied and pasted it 6 times and changed the colour of each one to one of the 7 colours I wanted to use. I changed the setting of each shape to 'multiply' so that it would show shapes underneath it. I then copied and pasted more balloons from these 7 base balloons until I had enough to fill the grey background, while leaving a bit of a border.


I then made the little house. I made it by drawing a range of shapes to create the different panels of colours on the house in the film. I set almost all of the shapes to 'multiply' so that they would show the other shapes underneath and keep consistent with the balloons.


Finally, I added the title of the film 'Up' underneath the balloon in the font 'Bebas'.


I then tried another idea and replaced the title with an upward pointing arrow to represent the word 'Up', making it look more minimal.



Making My Poster - The Perks of Being a Wallflower


I began by making the background. I wanted to use a green brick wall on my background to go with one of the movie posters for the film. I found a picture on the Internet of a white brick wall and edited it in Photoshop. I made it a pale green colour and copied it twice to make the brick wall long enough to fit the page.


I then created the white flower. I drew a small white circle for the middle and then created the petals with a circle and a long triangle stitched together. I copied and pasted this shaped enough times to fit around the centre of the flower. To make the falling petal, I cut one of the petals off and created a zig zag shape at the tear. I moved the falling petal down and drew white specs from the petal falling with the petal.


Finally, I added the title of the film above the flower in the font 'Bebas'.


No comments:

Post a Comment